- Course of Study
- Bachelor (B.Sc.) Mechanical Engineering
- Master (M. Sc.) Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
- International Master Advanced Design of Ships and Offshore Structures Double Degree (M.Sc.)
- Evaluation scheme
- Ship Design (M.Sc.)
- Damage Stability of Ships (M.Sc.)
- Computer-aided Design and IT in Ship Design ,Production and Operation (M.Sc.)
- Team Project EMship (M.Sc.)
International master „Advanced Ship and Offshore Design“ (EMship)
Students interested in international study can enroll in the English-only program "Advanced Ship and Offshore Design" (EMship: 2 years, 4 semesters, 120 credit points), thus earning two Master's degrees in parallel (double degree).
Entry requirements are:
- a good bachelor degree in marine engineering or comparable
- very good knowledge of English
After the first two semesters at the University of Liège (Belgium), students choose university for the second half of the master.
Partners in this program and universities to choose from are:
- University of Liège, Belgium (1st and 2nd semester)
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes, France (3rd and 4th semester) or
- University of Rostock, Germany (3rd and 4th semester) or
- University Polytechnic of Madrid (3rd and 4th semester)
In addition, there are cooperations with many famous universities worldwide: if there is interest and after consultation with the supervisor, the master's thesis, for example, can be written at a third university. Prof. Kaeding and Prof. Sprenger are available as contact persons for questions in this regard.
Further information can be found here: